Product development for capital equipment is complex. Often fundamental physics, materials science, and chemistry must come together in a package of sophisticated control and mechanical systems. Products can have dozens of subsystems and thousands of parts. Getting all of these components to work together is difficult, and they almost never work perfectly the first time.
It also takes large cross-functional teams to successfully develop and introduce a new product. Scientists, engineers, marketers, suppliers, and more all have to work together. This guide will show you how how to
- Balance a good phase-gate process with speed and efficiency
- Conduct effective program reviews,
- Understand product development schedules,
- Decide when to kill a product development program, and
- Get new products to market faster.